A Change of Guard

សូមស្តាប់វិទ្យុសង្គ្រោះជាតិ Please read more Khmer news and listen to CNRP Radio at National Rescue Party. សូមស្តាប់វីទ្យុខ្មែរប៉ុស្តិ៍/Khmer Post Radio.
Follow Khmerization on Facebook/តាមដានខ្មែរូបនីយកម្មតាម Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/khmerization.khmerican

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Sam Rainsy's so-called letter of apology to Hun Sen


Unofficial translation by Khmerization

Paris, 3rd February 2006

To Samdech Hun Sen
Prime Minister of Cambodia

Dear Samdech,

I am very happy because I note that the political situations in Cambodia have eased considerably in the last few days. I wish to thank you for facilitating such a development, especially your letter to the king requesting for the reduction of Mr. Cheam channy's sentence after you have requested the court to release a number of leaders of the civil society from prison.

For me, I have the same view as Your Excellency, and that is I want to have national reconciliation and national unity again in order to gather all forces to unite in the reconstruction of our nation to be prosperous. I am of the same view as Samdech that all problems existed between Khmers and Khmers must be resolved within our Khmer family.

I regret that I did'nt understand your heart from the beginning which have caused (led to) a few problems with you. From today onward, I will change my attitude to end all those problems and will do everything not to let all these problems happen again. In general, I have decided that I will not take personal issues as paramount by focusing my attention on national issues that must be resolved through peaceful means and with mutual respect for each other. The solutions for all of our national problems do not demand that there are winners and losers because we are all Khmers who must be united. Only Cambodia and the Cambodian people will benefit (obtain victory) from national reconciliation, especially victory over poverty and the (economic) downturn. (And) our children and grandchildren will all have a bright future.

Please accept the highest considerations from me.

Signed
Sam Rainsy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This does not sound like an apology letter! Do "Khmerization" able to comprehen reading...? (SIC)

Khmerization said...

4:32 PM, the title of the post was a sarcastic response to some people, especially the CPP people, who said that Sam Rainsy had written a letter of apology to Mr. Hun Sen. It is apparent in this letter that Sam Rainsy did not say anything that indicate that he apologised to Mr. Hun Sen. Mr. Rainsy just said that he "regret" that he didn't understand Mr. Hun Sen's heart. So, definitely Mr. Rainsy didn't apologise to Hun Sen.